Tengoku British International School, Phuket

Woman blames AstraZeneca ‘booster jab’ for her hair falling out

Woman blames AstraZeneca ‘booster jab’ for her hair falling out

PHUKET: A second Phuket person has blamed COVID vaccination for severe hair loss, this time a 41-year-old saleswoman at a motorcycle dealership in Phuket Town.

COVID-19CoronavirusVaccinehealth
By Eakkapop Thongtub

Saturday 27 November 2021, 10:00AM

Mananya ‘Ann’ Phuekpoom, 41, told reporters yesterday (Nov 26) that she started noticing her hair falling out in clumps after she received a third-dose “booster injection” of AstraZeneca on Sept 16.

The vaccination was administered by intramuscular injection, she noted.

Ms Mananya had previously received her first and second vaccination injections, both Sinovac, on May 18 and June 14, respectively.

“When I got home [after the AstraZeneca injection], I didn’t feel well. I had a fever for about two days. I had a headache, joint pain, and I felt cold and tired,” she said.

“I noticed my hair was starting to fall out about a week after the vaccination. When washing my hair, it fell out in clumps. It fell out when I used a hair dryer, and even when I just ran my fingers through it,” she added.

With her hair loss continuing, Ms Mananya went to seek help at a private clinic on Oct 10, where after blood tests she was told that she had anemia.

“The doctor prescribed medicine, which I have to pay for myself. Sometimes I do have not enough money and I have to request a salary advance from my boss,” Ms Mananya said.

AXA Insurance PCL

“Right now, life is very difficult. It is embarrassing to go anywhere. My family, friends at work and my boss understand, but now I need to wear a wig when going out or going to work,” she said.

Ms Mananya is certain the vaccination injection caused her hair loss.

“This has never happened before, not even with the other vaccination injections, and none of my relatives have suffered hair loss,” she said.

“I want good treatment now. My friends and family want me to get back to my life as it was before. I want the responsible agencies in Phuket to take some responsibility because now it’s very difficult both in terms of living and coping with treatment costs, which is totalling tens of thousands of baht,” Ms Mananya said.

“Initially, I was told that it would take three to six months for my hair to recover, but my condition still has not improved despite the treatment I have been getting. Now the doctor will not guarantee that it will return to the same as before,” she added.

“Life is difficult and I am requesting the relevant agencies to help,” Ms Mananya  said.

Ms Mananya’s plea for assistance follows Bodin Saeliang, 19, a first-year vocational school student in Phuket, claiming that his extreme hair loss started after he received his second injection of the Sinovac vaccine. Mr Bodin went public with his claim Wednesday last week (Nov 17).

Kurt | 28 January 2022 - 00:29:09

How far are Phuket hospitals progressing to make it a standard procedure to do blood tests on Covid-19 anti bodies after 2nd and 3rd vaccination? And give openess about the experiences with vaccination side effects. The Thai medical society is silent as a mouse about that! People who experience side effects should come out with it in press.

Kurt | 28 January 2022 - 00:19:43

People can't with impunity having vaccination after vaccination. Vaccines work against Covid-19, but there is not much knowledge yet about side effects. For example, world wide many women have now problems with their monthly period. What more will come? After 3 vaccinations have a blood test first to check amount anti bodies, great chance a 4th jab is not needed and good be a health risk..

Kurt | 28 January 2022 - 00:07:49

@Sosty20. Before taking booster you had blood test find out how much anti bodies you had? Perhaps for you a booster wasn't needed, your body now is reacting, cause hair problem? Blindly boostering is not wise. Scientifically there is not yet enough knowledge about side effects of all these unlimited vaccinations happening. Report yourself to be a guinea pig.

Sosty20 | 27 January 2022 - 16:21:53

I got my pfizer booster dose on 10th of January and now after two weeks I have an enormous hair loss
Haven't change any food and not taking any medicine... Not dying my hair as well even not using hair dryer .... I m terrified and starting seeing doctors to advise me what to do.. After shower my hair is falling every where .. I do believe is from the booster dose I did  ...

christysweet | 27 November 2021 - 14:54:30

The side effects she reports are normal and  she admits lasted only 2 days. What treatments are costing so much? Hair treatments?  I note she appears to have bleached her hair and that might be a factor.

jamstock | 27 November 2021 - 13:43:23

Wait till people start dying from these injections and it gets blamed on the "new deadly variant". wake. the . f .up!

Pla Wan Corner road safety project to begin

Nothing wrong with that road section. Just people driving in High Speed. Cheaper to set up Speed C...(Read More)

Phuket tourism industry turns to India

Indian tourists become Phuket business entrepreneurs? Great for diversity. But are Thai phuket busi...(Read More)

Ousted Sri Lankan leader to visit city

No humanitarian reasons were brought up by Prayut regarding forcing Myanmar refugees back to Myanmar...(Read More)

Pla Wan Corner road safety project to begin

Seems the repair/construction improvement of the bend hill Patak Road between Chalong and Kata must ...(Read More)

Pla Wan Corner road safety project to begin

Seems mr Vorasait is adicted to speed. Encouraged by 'service of RTP that not demand alcohol tes...(Read More)

Phuket Town businesses welcome Indian tourists

,,, I don't think the Tsunami warning bouys will work that well. Good luck....(Read More)

Phuket Town businesses welcome Indian tourists

"Love Marine Activities", all they've gota do is stay in a hotel on Patong Beach &...(Read More)

Opening hours for entertainment venues to be revised

Maybe they should all close @ 6pm. Far too many swords, guns, knifes & meth amphetamine on Phuke...(Read More)

Power outage to affect Cherng Talay

Thanks to TPN for these alerts. It's a testament to incompetency the PPEA cannot figure out wh...(Read More)