333 at the beach British International School, Phuket Pro Property Partners

Son says sorry for killing father

PHUKET: Anon Khammanochat, the 26-year-old man who killed his father by stabbing him in the neck on Monday night (Nov 21) has told reporters that he is sorry for what happened and that he was defending himself.

crimeviolencedrugsdeathpolice
By Eakkapop Thongtub

Wednesday 23 November 2022, 09:30AM

Anon was waiting for police when they arrived at his home in Baan Bang Jo, Moo 4, Srisoonthorn, and placed him under arrest for the death of his father, Uthai Khammanochat, 51.

Thalang Police Deputy Chief Lt Col Patiwat Yodkwan confirmed yesterday (Nov 22) that Anon faces charges “for intentionally killing his parent”.

Anon was taken back to the home in Bang Jo yesterday to re-enact the sequence of events that led to the death of his father.

Anon told reporters that after the incident, he felt guilty and couldn’t get over it, but said he was only defending himself.

“I had no intention of killing my father. I want to apologise to my father. I would like to apologize to society for the violent and scary things… If I could go back, I would never do this,” he said.

Lt Col Pattiwat told reporters that Anon was in a state of exhaustion and appeared genuinely remorseful for what happened.

“Normally, my father gets me to go shopping every day, four to five times a day. Sometimes he gives me money, sometimes he doesn’t,” Anon said.

Anon added that he and his father had argued and threatened each other before, but Monday was the first time the argument had turned physical.

Thai Residential

During the re-enactment yesterday Anon showed police how he sat down to drink kratom juice with his father, then they started arguing.

He said Uthai used his left foot to kick his face, causing him to fall over onto his stomach. He then grabbed a knife to protect himself, Anon said.

His father attempted to take the knife, leading to a struggle. They fought until his father fell onto the bed and the knife plunged into his father’s throat, Anon said.

He washed the knife clean in the bathroom before placing it back on the kitchen table, Anon added.

When his mother and sister returned home, he told his mother what had happened, he said.

The sister called the mother’s younger brother to come to the house, and then called 191, he continued.

After completing the re-enactment, Anon was taken back to Thalang Police Station then transferred to the detention cells at Phuket Provincial Court.

* (Not Hotmail/Outlook)

GerryT81 | 24 November 2022 - 10:56:41

@Kurt   Having a sleepless night again ?

JohnC | 24 November 2022 - 09:14:11

There is no shortage of dysfunctional families in this country and most others. Lao Khao and Kratom addiction seem to be the main causes of violence, along with YaBa, Ice and the other heavy drugs sadly too easily available to those craving them. I wouldn't class them as oxygen thieves, that title is saved for the corrupt hi-sos, gov officials and other greedy scum that prey on the poor.

Kurt | 24 November 2022 - 03:00:34

@Gerry, Croc tears? Nothing disgusting about Capricornball's comment. Disgusting was what happend between father and son, resulting in the death of one. The 'no regards/respect someone's' life was totally in that household. Not in a comment here.

Capricornball | 23 November 2022 - 17:30:26

Assumptions...yes, assumptions based on more than 23 years of experience living here, from north to south. I know there are many apologists like good'ol Gerry that stand up in indignant defense of the indefensible actions of this duo and many like them. Som nam na

GerryT81 | 23 November 2022 - 16:22:12

Oxygen thieves ?   What a disgusting comment,based only on assumptions. No regards on someones life that's gone now. I wonder who the real oxygen thief is !

Capricornball | 23 November 2022 - 13:14:04

I think father and son are both oxygen thieves. Both drunken bums sitting at home drinking kratom (cheaper than booze?) while the ladies are probably out working. They start fighting over cigarettes, then he :accidently" slit dad's throat. "Oh jeez, sorry, I feel bad, but neither me or my dad have any self control". I also think there are thousands of households with the same dy...

Over 3000 flights to land in Phuket in December as tourism rebounds

Yesterday is always forgotten. Period. And what they learn today they forget tomorrow as well. As si...(Read More)

Phuket Opinion: Putting Phuket on show

Not even able to keep the most crucial Phuket key roads in sustainable condition, as we all over Phu...(Read More)

Phuket Opinion: Putting Phuket on show

"Presentation solely focussed on 'glorified' benefits of sustainability, harmony, prosp...(Read More)

‘Lessons learned’ from airport chaos

ematt, I'm sure you would have been unhappy about this too if you missed your international conn...(Read More)

Over 3000 flights to land in Phuket in December as tourism rebounds

Anyway, the number of Phuket flight arrivals/departures are spiking. And just during that period of ...(Read More)

Koh Siray targetted over deluge of trash

Oh Ematt....that is a very funny comment, coming from you. On many occasions you have called people ...(Read More)

Tourists urged to contact police in case of Phuket taxi deviations

Fascinated, yes, you have a point. However, tourists have not always any idea of Phuket topograhy, b...(Read More)

Koh Siray targetted over deluge of trash

Are in that 'village' no trash dump/collection facilities locations. And of course empty the...(Read More)

Filipino arrested and deported for 252 day overstay

One of probably hundreds of over-stayers. Hope they catch many more of them....(Read More)

Over 3000 flights to land in Phuket in December as tourism rebounds

Time to avoid Phuket airport at all costs. That is a ridiculous number of flights to allow, asking f...(Read More)