UPDATE: As no further announcements or official orders had been posted as of midnight (24:00, Apr 28), The Phuket News cannot presume the order to lift the Tambon Lockdown has officially been brought into effect,depsite the announcement earlier tonight.
As such, the pre-existing order to enforce the lockdown was set to expire at midnight Thursday (24:00, Apr 30).
The “Tambon Lockdown”, brought into effect on Apr 13, prohibited any non-essential travel between any of Phuket’s 17 subdistricts in the hope of preventing the spread of the virus.
The announcement to lift the lockdown followed the meeting of the Phuket Communicable Disease Committee earlier today (Apr 28).
The areas that will remain under quarantine are:
- Patong: Bangla Rd
- Cherng Talay: Bang Tao Moo Baan 2, 3 and 5
- Koh Kaew: Moo Baan Prachasamakhee, in Moo 2
– All three areas to have checkpoints on the roads into and out of the area, proactive screening and strict measures for residents to refrain from leaving their homes
- Rassada: Moo 2, Soi Bang Chee Lao
- Chao Fa Garden Village, in Wichit
– both areas to have proactive screening and strict measures for residents to refrain from leaving their homes
“In this regard, people are asked to still strictly follow public health guidelines, which include wearing a face mask in public at all times, to wash their hands often and maintain social distance from other people” said the announcement posted by the Phuket office of the Public Relations Department (PR Phuket) this evening.
Further announcements are to follow, the PR Phuket report noted.