THE PAVILIONS PHUKET BRITISH INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL, PHUKET Kata Rocks
Login | Create Account Poll Currency Weather Facebook Youtube Search

Worker, 25, electrocuted by high-voltage cable

PHUKET: A 25-year-old worker died after he accidentally touched a high-voltage power cable still connected to the power pole where he was working in Chalong early yesterday afternoon (Mar 16).

deathaccidents
By Eakkapop Thongtub

Sunday 17 March 2019, 01:12AM


Emergency responders arrived at the scene, on Soi Na Yai off Chao Fa West Rd, soon after being notified of the incident at 2pm to find co-workers attempting to revive Pakasit “Benz” Raksakam.

Rescue workers rushed Mr Pakasit to the Accident & Emergency Centre of the yet-to-open Chalong Hospital, but he was pronounced dead.

Colleagues explained that Mr Pakasit, a resident of Thepkrasattri in Thalang, worked for a contractor to install high-voltage cables on power pylons.

He was fitting a cable when he reached out and accidentally touched another cable that still had live current running through it. Mr Pakasit was electrocuted and his body collapsed among the cables six metres in the air.

QSI International School Phuket

His work colleagues explained that they asked other workers from Sapcharoen Co who were working nearby to help recover him by using the hydraulic arm fitted to the truck that was carrying the spool of cable that they were installing.

Once Mr Pakasit was back on the ground, they attempted to revive him, but failed, they said.

Lt Sakkarin Sangjaroen of the Chalong Police, accompanied by Chalong Municipality Councilor Supawatkan Kunnaluk, questioned witnesses at Chalong Hospital and the scene of the incident, but said he has yet to determine whether to press charges.

 

 

Comment on this story

* Please login to comment. If you do not have an account please register below by simply entering a username, password and email address. You can still leave your comment below at the same time.

Comments Here:
Comments Left:
# Characters
Username:
Password:
E-mail:
Security:

Fascinated | 17 March 2019 - 18:50:02

Basic safety fail not ensuring power was off. What a waste of a life. PEA seem to have it right but not their sub-contractors.

Shwe | 17 March 2019 - 11:28:28

Health & safety in a "Smart City" ????

Have a news tip-off? Click here

 

Phuket community
Free emergency water now deployed across Phuket

When are the Phuket Governors order water savings during Songkran? It is about time to instruct/educ...(Read More)


Free emergency water now deployed across Phuket

While you brush your teeth, close the tap! So, reducing water pressure takes a toll on the water pi...(Read More)


Thailand bans Boeing 737 MAX flights for 7 days

Are the Thai Boeing Max planes flying again? ( As the thai ban was until 20th)...(Read More)


New Zealand mosque attack suspect charged with murder

Are the posters talking about a Thai Mental Health Act or a New Zealand Mental Health Act?...(Read More)


Power outage to leave Cherng Talay, Kamala, Srisoonthorn without water

Thailand 4.0. Phuket Smart City. Puff story versus real life. ...(Read More)


Protect Andaman mass beach cleanup at Layan nets 92kg of trash

Probably done because of the "loss of face" when farangs do it.. without being asked....(Read More)


Protect Andaman mass beach cleanup at Layan nets 92kg of trash

"The cleanup was carried out under the “Protect Andaman” project, whereby the MNRE offices ...(Read More)


Woman killed by sleeping pickup driver

No other place in the world has more drivers falling asleep or more vehicles with faulty brakes. Of ...(Read More)


New Zealand mosque attack suspect charged with murder

I watched the video, it was a cold and calculated act, not a loss of control as would be with a men...(Read More)