British International School, Phuket
333 at the beach British International School, Phuket Pro Property Partners

Woman injured in single-vehicle motorcycle accident in Kamala

Woman injured in single-vehicle motorcycle accident in Kamala

PHUKET: A female motorcyclist was rushed to hospital after her motorcycle fell down on a road in Kamala yesterday (Sept 23).

accidents

Saturday 24 September 2022, 08:09PM

A 23-year-old woman was injured in a road accident in Kamala on Sept 23. Photo: Kamala OrBorTor

Kamala rescue workers were notified of an accident in front Kamala Falls Hotel at 7.30am, Kamala Tambon Administration Organisation (OrBorTor) reported in a Facebook post.

The accident resulted in a 23-year-old female motorcyclist injuring her right ankle and sustaining a “scraped wound”, OrBorTor said. After receiving first aid at the scene, she was taken to Patong Hospital for further treatment.

Kamala OrBorTor did not disclose the woman’s name or nationality. Commenting on the cause of the accident, officials said that the motorcycle “fell by itself”.

Kamala officials reminded that rescue workers can be reached via the 1669 national hotline or by calling the OrBorTor rescue service directly at 093-781-9950.

* (Not Hotmail/Outlook)

Taswegian | 28 September 2022 - 09:31:08

@christysweet, I'm sorry to hear about your accident and it is pleasing to hear that bystanders quickly came to your assistance. I hope you are feeling alright.

Kurt | 27 September 2022 - 11:47:54

I had a good 'deep' talk with my motorcycle, and it promised me not to fall by itself under any circumstance. Quite a relief.  :-))

christysweet | 26 September 2022 - 12:56:44

I took a bad spill just getting it off the stand  two weeks ago from a slippery surface. People rushed over to  start handing me my groceries spilled all over while I was  on the ground pinned under the still running  machine. Not one person thought, though of it or  understood my motions  to please turn off the ignition. A real lacking of basic safety knowledge again on  display.

Prab | 25 September 2022 - 15:15:24

what kind of news is this? really nothing relative to talk about those days? what a hell...

JohnC | 25 September 2022 - 08:38:56

LOL. You couldn't make these things up even if you tried. Not only do Phuket motorbikes drive in to power poles and the back of vehicles by themselves, now they refuse to stay on their wheels and fall over by themselves too. ROFL. Hahaha T.I.P.

jamstock | 24 September 2022 - 22:08:50

why is this news? lol

Phuket Opinion: Putting Phuket on show

The proposal says: The city is also renowned for its word-class wellness and medical tourism, and is...(Read More)

Koh Siray targetted over deluge of trash

Timothy, please do not exaggerate. I am only Medium-so. ...(Read More)

‘Lessons learned’ from airport chaos

Timothy I’m not aware that Kurt missed any flight. And I think he might take offense to you referr...(Read More)

Over 3000 flights to land in Phuket in December as tourism rebounds

Yesterday is always forgotten. Period. And what they learn today they forget tomorrow as well. As si...(Read More)

Phuket Opinion: Putting Phuket on show

Not even able to keep the most crucial Phuket key roads in sustainable condition, as we all over Phu...(Read More)

Phuket Opinion: Putting Phuket on show

"Presentation solely focussed on 'glorified' benefits of sustainability, harmony, prosp...(Read More)

‘Lessons learned’ from airport chaos

ematt, I'm sure you would have been unhappy about this too if you missed your international conn...(Read More)

Over 3000 flights to land in Phuket in December as tourism rebounds

Anyway, the number of Phuket flight arrivals/departures are spiking. And just during that period of ...(Read More)

Koh Siray targetted over deluge of trash

Oh Ematt....that is a very funny comment, coming from you. On many occasions you have called people ...(Read More)

Tourists urged to contact police in case of Phuket taxi deviations

Fascinated, yes, you have a point. However, tourists have not always any idea of Phuket topograhy, b...(Read More)