According to the Tourist Police, the list is of all people injured in the incident taken to hospital to receive treatment yesterday (May 17). Among them is a 10-year-old Ukrainian girl.
The list accounts for 35 people who were injured in the incident. Of note, the names were provided in Roman characters, with some of the names, ages, or other details differing from earlier reports or incomplete.
The Tourist Police report noted that the tourists were returning from a tour of Phi Phi Island, Maya Bay, Bamboo Island, Khai Island and Maithon Island, when the speedboat slammed into the channel marker, at about 4:46pm.
The speedboat, Thanathip Marine 555, is operated by local tour company ‘A Time Nature Tour’, the report said.
Tourist Police visited the injured tourists at their hospitals today (May 18), the report added.
The list was given as:
Vachira Phuket Hospital
- Novojoarskaja Vironika, 10 years old, Ukrainian
- Ms Ainur Nurbolat, 30, Kazakhstan
- Mr Shljapshev Vladimir, 65, Ukrainian
- Mrs Kichmerechriha Svetlaha, 57, Ukrainian (admitted)
- Mrs Tatiana Sergienko, 61, Russian (admitted)
- MS Aigerim Zhangnziyeva, 28, Kazakhstan (admitted)
- Ms Tatiana Sleshinskaia, 22, Russian
- Mr Sergei Meleshenko, 39, Russian (admitted)
- Ms Iuliia Borisova, 32, Russian
- Mr Weeraphon Pankaenkla, 17, Thai (boat boy)
Mission Hospital Phuket
- Miss VERA GORSHKOVA, Russian (admitted)
- MR.EVGENII GRUZDEN Nationality Russian (admitted)
- Ms Margarita Mereshenkd, Russian (admitted)
- Mr Ruslan Khairullin, Russian
- Mr Satit Maschai, Thai boat driver (admitted)
- Ms Puiyee Joey Lai, 20, from Hong Kong,
- Mr Xingsheng Dong, 27, Chinese
- Ms Iiudmila Voitenko, 30, Russian, referred to Vachira Phuket Hospital for treatment
- Ms Frplava Anastasia, 33, Russian
- Ms Koran Ralncess, 35, Kazakhstan, transferred to Vachira Phuket Hospital for treatment
- Ms Asiia Rakhimova, 37, Russian, referred to Vachira Phuket Hospital for further treatment
- Ms Karrina, 30, Russian
- Mr Matin Wolfgang Huber, 42, Austria (not admitted, husband of No. 7)
- Ms Romana Waser, 40, Austria, transferred Vachira Phuket Hospital for treatment (at the female surgery building)
- Mr Dmitry Valeryevich Bulychev, 37, Russian
- Mr Artur Grishko. 29, Russian
Bangkok Hospital Siriroj
- Ms Anna Semenikhin, 32, Russian
- Mr Anton Semenikhin, 37, Russian
- Mr Vasilii Nesterov, 29, Russian
- Mr Konstantin Chelyshkin, 36
- Ms Alina Sibgatullina, 30
Bangkok Hospital Phuket
- Ms Iana Charkovskaia, 35, sent for treatment at Vachira Phuket Hospital
- Mr Prapas Kulbas, 54, guide, sent for treatment at Vachira Phuket Hospital
Phuket Provincial Hospital
- Ms Iana Faterkina, Russian
- Mr Denis Faterkina, Russian
Officers from the Tourist Assistance Center have coordinated their efforts with the Russian consul, the Chinese consul and the Kazakhstan consul for Phuket, the report noted.
Concurring with the report from the meeting by Phuket Governor Nartong Woonciew at Vachira Phuket Hospital last night, the Tourist Police confirmed that in addition to the mandatory insurance required under the Boat Act, A Time Nturre Tour Co’s insurance provider, Thai Pattana Insurance Co, is providing up to B500,000 per injured passenger for medical expenses.
Pol Lt Col Praen Somrak of the Chalong Police has been tasked with leading the investigation into the incident, the report added.
According to the report, the boat driver (named in the list of injured people as Satit Maschai) has already been tested for alcohol.
The test results will be used as evidence “for further legal proceedings”, the report concluded.
Jor12 | 20 May 2023 - 14:57:03