Kata Rocks
BRITISH INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL, PHUKET Kata Rocks
The Phuket News Novosti Phuket Khao Phuket

Login | Create Account | Search


Short circuit blamed for temple storage building fire

Short circuit blamed for temple storage building fire

PHUKET: A fire at a kitchen equipment storage building at Rawai Temple on Saturday (Sept 21) caused an estimated B200,000 in damage. At this stage, police believe the fire was started by sparks from a circuit breaker in the building.

accidentsSafety
By Eakkapop Thongtub

Monday 23 September 2019, 12:14PM


Capt Weerayut Thansirisookworakun of the Chalong Police was notified of the fire at about 1:30pm.

He in turn called the Rawai Municipality Fire Department, which dispatched two firetrucks. Firefighters soon arrived at the scene and had the blaze under control within about 30minutes.

Temple staffers told police that they heard an explosion from the building and came running to see what had happened.

Inside the building, they saw sparks coming from a circuit breaker, Capt Weerayut reported.

CMI - Thailand

The staffers said they attempted to extinguish the fire, but failed as there was no fire extinguisher nearby, prompting them to call the police.

Among the burned items inside the building were scorched chairs and tables. Officers estimated the damage caused by the fire at about B200,000.

Capt Weerayut noted that police at this stage believe that the cause of the fire was an electrical short circuit. However, he added that officers had yet to examine the scene in more depth in order to confirm this.

No mention was made in the report about the temple administrators failing to keep a fire extinguisher in the building.

Comment on this story

* Please login to comment. If you do not have an account please register below by simply entering a username, password and email address. You can still leave your comment below at the same time.

CAPTCHA

Kurt | 23 September 2019 - 12:32:50

All incidents/accidents, with in the excuse book:  Sparks from circuit breaker, wet road, brake failure.  Are they here not learning from all this?  Nothing to do to change this? All 'electric' fires start small.  Make compulsory to have powder fire extinguishers near electric circuit boxes., as most electric works done are unskillful, look at markets and at construction projects.

 

Have a news tip-off? Click here

 

Phuket community
Phuket young albino buffalo struck by car on main road

K...the article states, "We have not yet decided if the driver will face any charges" No m...(Read More)


Phuket young albino buffalo struck by car on main road

i hope the buffalo was insured and his registration and license were up to date. the buffalo obvious...(Read More)


A Meal With… Craig Burton, putting diet facts on the table

PN,you can censor as much as you want. The article is still an advertisement ! And I still can save ...(Read More)


Wife stabs husband with broken bottle over refusal to fix fan

Nice...probably will just be taken as another "misunderstanding". A couple knees to the mi...(Read More)


Phuket Property Guide: COVID impact and bargain hunters

Thai Banks are doing very well with their exchange rates. And don't forget the millions thai te...(Read More)


Phuket Opinion: The waiting game

Edward Reumann i think this is so because they are at least a little bit educated and know therefore...(Read More)


Sustainably Yours: Reimagining Phuket

Thailand avoided colonialism with traditional practises in places continuing. With new innovation b...(Read More)


China says virus pushing US ties to brink of ’Cold War’

POTUS and fat pig Pompeo should keep their dirty mouths shut. Maybe the US produced the virus in one...(Read More)