BRITISH INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL, PHUKET Kata Rocks

Phuket order: ‘Red zone’ arrivals must quarantine on arrival

Phuket order: ‘Red zone’ arrivals must quarantine on arrival

PHUKET: All arrivals from the “highest-risk” areas within the ‘red zone’ provinces must now quarantine for 14 days on arriving in Phuket, following an order issued by Phuket Governor Narong Woonciew today (Jan 9).

COVID-19Coronavirushealth

Saturday 9 January 2021, 05:45PM

The order was publicly posted by the Phuket office of the Public Relations Department this afternoon.

The order is marked to be in effect from today through Jan 31, or “until the situation is resolved”.

Under the order, all people entering Phuket are to be classified into one of five groups.

Group 1: People arriving from Samut Sakhon, Chonburi, Rayong, Chanthaburi or Trat, must:

1. Present to officials a letter certifying the necessity of traveling outside the most strictly controlled areas
  2. Download the Mor Chana application on their smartphone and show present it to officials on request
  3. Register online through www.gophuget.com to inform details of travelling to Phuket. In the event that a person cannot register, the visitor must report to the relevant local municipality or the tambon administration organisation (OrBorTor) in the area where the visitor is staying on arriving at the destination area.
  4. Undergo swab test at the local hospital for the area where the visitor is staying. if the visitor has already been tested for COVID-19 within 72 hours prior to departure, the visitor must present a medical certificate with laboratory test results to officers.
  5. Quarantine at home (Home Quarantine) or a hotel (Hotel Quarantine) under the supervision of the communicable disease control officer for a period of 14 days.
  6. Must strictly follow the surveillance, prevention and control measures.

Group 2: People arriving from Samut Prakan. Nonthaburi, Nakhon Pathom or Nong Khaem District, Bang Phlat District, Bang Khae District, Bang Khun or Thian District in Bangkok, must:

1. Download the Mor Chana application on their smartphone and show present it to officials on request.
  2. Register online through www.gophuget.com to inform details of travelling to Phuket. In the event that a person cannot register, the visitor must report to the relevant local municipality or the tambon administration organisation (OrBorTor) in the area where the visitor is staying on arriving at the destination area.
  3. Undergo swab test at the local hospital for the area where the visitor is staying. if the visitor has already been tested for COVID-19 within 72 hours prior to departure, the visitor must present a medical certificate with laboratory test results to officers.
  4. Quarantine at home (Home Quarantine) or a hotel (Hotel Quarantine) under the supervision of the communicable disease control officer for a period of 14 days.
  5. Must strictly follow the surveillance, prevention and control measures.

Group 3: People arriving from the highest controlled areas (red) 20 provinces

Thai Residential
  2. Register online through www.gophuget.com to inform details of travelling to Phuket. In the event that a person cannot register, the visitor must report to the relevant local municipality or the tambon administration organisation (OrBorTor) in the area where the visitor is staying on arriving at the destination area.
  3. Quarantine at home (Home Quarantine) or a hotel (Hotel Quarantine) for a period of 14 days.
  4. Must strictly follow  measures, surveillance, prevent and control disease.

Group 4: People traveling from Sukhothai, Kamphaeng Phet, Nakhon Sawan, Uthai Thani, Chainat, Phetchabun, Chaiyaphum, Buriram, Nakhon Ratchasima, Surat Thani or Phang Nga, must:

3. Provide self-monitoring at the place where they are staying for a period of 14 days.
  4. Must strictly follow measures, surveillance, prevent and control disease.

Group 5: People arriving from high surveillance areas (yellow) in 38 provinces.

3. Must strictly follow measures, surveillance, prevent and control disease.

The order marked that the measures were deemed necessary in order to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in Phuket.

Any person found violating or failing to comply with the order could face legal action under Section 51 of the Communicable Disease Act, which incurs a fine of up to B20,000. Such persons may also be punished under Section 18 of the act, which incurs a penalty of a fie of up to B40,000 or up to two years in jail, or both, the order warned

The PR Phuket announcement noted that the essential requirement of the “Minor Order” required individuals traveling to Phuket to download the "Mor Chana" application on their smartphones and display them when the officer calls for inspection and register online through the website www.gophuget.com to inform officials of details of traveling to Phuket.

“in the event that you cannot register When arriving at the destination area, report to the municipality or local administrative office in the residential area,” PR Phuket emphasised in its announcement.

ChrisWC | 12 January 2021 - 18:06:44

Well, I’m booked and I’ve been told again today by the medical officials here that I can go to my home. Either way, I’m ready to go. All documents, all registrations and the necessary APPs. I’ll see what happens. Be cool to get an updat on your friend’s arrival.At this point I’m at least confident I can go to my house. As far as quarantining, I’ll see what local officials say upon my

maverick | 12 January 2021 - 17:02:04

So if getting on a flight places an individual at risk of being infected why is everyone flying into Phuket not being quarantined rather than just the red zone escapee’s - something does not add up so I do detects the aroma of BS in the air

Pascale | 12 January 2021 - 15:04:06

@ChrisWC    You can either believe Mr. know it all better K. , or you book a flight , download the necessary App , grab all your documents and head straight to the airport. A good friend of mine is about to arrive tomorrow and was assured there would be no quarantine waiting for him here !!!

Christy Sweet | 12 January 2021 - 14:44:28

Trying to register a departure  through the Phuget.go.th [sic] web site was futile, it requires usage of the scan code box thing which  I cannot use on my phone and it would not send it to an email so I could access it, nor a message to my phone number. I gave up. And where is there actual info on status of the checkpoint?  The phone is never answered.

Kurt | 12 January 2021 - 09:43:07

@Pascale. No 'BS'. Coming from 'red' area requests quarantine. A BKK ASQ certificate loose value the moment you leave that ASQ in BKK. Besides, Studies in Europe/ New Zealand have shown that there is not such thing as Covid-19 infection free flying. But I hope for ChrisWC that he can do 'tailored' home quarantine on Phuket ( 1 week ?) There are ways to get food delivered at...

ChrisWC | 11 January 2021 - 23:18:18

@pascale actually, that was my understanding and that’s what they told me at my current ASQ in Bangkok. I will have a certificate. But a lot of conflicting information. Not easy to plan and I flying in a few days to Phuket.

Pascale | 11 January 2021 - 17:10:52

@Kurt  What a load of uninformed BS again. Coming out from an ASQ Hotel in Bangkok and having a certificate you are allowed to go to Phuket without having to stay in another quarantine hotel.

ChrisWC | 11 January 2021 - 17:03:57

@Kurt yes, I’m prepared for it. I have a house but I will be alone so I’m thinking of a quarantine is mandatory, then I probably must consider an ASQ as I will have no way to go out and get food, water, etc for myself. Hopefully I can find an ASQ with a good rate close to my place. Thanks for your reply to my inquiry!

Kurt | 11 January 2021 - 11:05:42

@ChrisWC,  Well, Bangkok is declared a 'red zone'. Anyone traveling,  coming into Phuket from a red zone goes in a 14 days quarantine on Phuket. That is clearly stated. Expect it will be carried out. Better check out your Phuket Quarantine options before going there. ASQ hotels on Phuket need desperately 'guests'.

ChrisWC | 10 January 2021 - 19:04:14

Pretty much the same questions here. I’m in an ASQ in BKK and going directly to the airport from this quarantine (covid clear) and I have the monitoring APP already. Does this have any effect on my arrival in Phuket? or is it straight into another ASQ? I will be covid free upon departing. Not entering Bangkok at all other that ASQ shuttle to and from the airport following all safely guidelines.

charles | 10 January 2021 - 11:34:32

same question I have a friend flying into Bangkok doing 14days there then coming to Phuket  are they seriously asking them to do another 14 days on arrival in Phuket

Kurt | 10 January 2021 - 10:22:54

Great order!  I already suggested already local testing of arrivals from other provinces about 2 weeks ago. This order goes further. Good! Thailand can only curb the virus by setting up provinces fire walls as long not whole of the population is fully vaccinated.

Nasa12 | 10 January 2021 - 08:15:45

So, if I arrive in Thailand and am forced to quarantine for two weeks in Bangkok, I can now go to Phuket and be forced to quarantine for another 2 weeks. I’m sure that will entice the tourists! Maybe this is the final nail in the coffin for the tourism industry in Phuket.

fedepar | 09 January 2021 - 19:40:24

Will the people that are finishing their quarantine in Bangkok and go directly to Phuket start a new quarantine in Phuket  ?
Something wrong  ?

Phuket air quality still good, assures health official

@Svcoquette Why ? Ask him if you see him somewhere again. Or ask everyone else you see on a bike no...(Read More)

Phuket air quality still good, assures health official

Plerdow is lying and twisting. Anything more than PM2.5 reading 25 is NOT healthy!!! And what is sh...(Read More)

Phuket air quality still good, assures health official

Why isn't the guy on the motorbike wearing a helmut? ...(Read More)

Phuket protected forest encroachment to be handed to DSI

Was anything ever done about the house that was illegally built up there (covered by The Phuket Sun...(Read More)

Vaccination packages mulled

Wow, hahahaha, that B150,000 'tour package' is really something. A real invitation for touri...(Read More)

Life will be different with Biden, government told

Time for Thailand to x-ray again the Thai labor working forces in factories and the fishing fleet on...(Read More)

Vaccination packages mulled

Diverting vaccine from the populace to foreigners- classic. Stand by for a u-turn in 3, 2, 1. No on...(Read More)

Phuket van driver pleas for police action over attempted murder

Cherng Talay police station is located at centre of drugs hot spot of Phuket, is still in ;shock'...(Read More)

Police confirm Phuket bypass road speed limit is 50km/h

Read the confusement, 100km, 90 km, 80km, 50km. What a 'murmuring mess'. Is it so difficult ...(Read More)

Police confirm Phuket bypass road speed limit is 50km/h

About 6 years ago was the start of producing number plates cheaper. Meaning, more inferior painting....(Read More)