THE PAVILIONS PHUKET BRITISH INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL, PHUKET
THE PAVILIONS PHUKET BRITISH INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL, PHUKET Kata Rocks
The Phuket News Novosti Phuket Khao Phuket

Login | Create Account | Search


Phuket braces for stormy weekend as weather warning issued

Phuket braces for stormy weekend as weather warning issued

PHUKET: The Southern Meteorological Centre (West Coast) office of the Thai Meteorological Department (TMD) has issued a weather warning for Phuket, forecasting heavy rain and strong winds starting Saturday (May 4) and continuing through Monday (May 6).

weatherSafety
By The Phuket News

Thursday 2 May 2019, 05:37PM


Warning issued today (May 2) by The Southern Meteorological Centre (West Coast) office of the Thai Meteorological Department (TMD).

Warning issued today (May 2) by The Southern Meteorological Centre (West Coast) office of the Thai Meteorological Department (TMD).

The announcement was made this morning in which the Southern Meteorological Centre, based near Phuket International Airport, warned of strong westerly winds bringing heavy rain and waves of up to three metres high to the provinces along the Andaman coast.

The warning forecast a 40% chance of thunderstorms across the island on Saturday, rising to 60% chance through Sunday and Monday.

The TMD has also issued a warning for the North, Northeast and Central parts of the country. The warning explained that a high pressure system from China will cover upper Thailand and the South China Sea, bringing strengthening southeasterly winds over the Andaman Sea and into the country.

From May 3-6, outbreaks of summer storms are forecast over the north of Thailand. Thunderstorms, gusty winds and hail are expected.

Comment on this story

* Please login to comment. If you do not have an account please register below by simply entering a username, password and email address. You can still leave your comment below at the same time.

CAPTCHA

Be the first to comment.

Have a news tip-off? Click here

 

Phuket community
Karon Police reveal details of Norwegian arrested for death of Brit at Phuket resort

Your initial reporting on this story were completely ridiculous. Many other outlets reported the sam...(Read More)


Norwegian tourist charged for killing British man at Phuket resort

Wrong K,especially in SEA i had the same experience as G.with those fruit baskets and straight blade...(Read More)


Phuket officials whittle down routes for ‘Bike Un Ai Rak’ mass-cycling event

K,this event isn't meant to be a tourist attraction.Why do you hijack it for your rant about be...(Read More)


Karon Police reveal details of Norwegian arrested for death of Brit at Phuket resort

Just like everywhere else in the world, only a judge can decide if bail is granted, police can only ...(Read More)


Rescue workers trap three monitor lizards in houses and gardens in Kathu

Kurt,they were released into their natural habitat.Same as they do with snakes.Should they give a wa...(Read More)


Norwegian tourist charged for killing British man at Phuket resort

Kurt,I can't remember being with you in the same room wherever i stayed.So please tell me how do...(Read More)


Phuket officials whittle down routes for ‘Bike Un Ai Rak’ mass-cycling event

Un Air Rak? Warmth of love? How about to experience that first at Phuket beaches, in Phuket taxis, v...(Read More)


Rescue workers trap three monitor lizards in houses and gardens in Kathu

Yes GerryT81, that is true. But Phuket officialdom should warn foreign tourists about it on forehand...(Read More)


Norwegian tourist charged for killing British man at Phuket resort

Sorry GerryT81. Fruit baskets never come with a steak knife. And any kind of burger by room service ...(Read More)