The Phuket News Premier League predictions The Phuket News Kata Rocks The Phuket News Outrigger Koh Samui Beach Resort
The Phuket News Phuket News
The Phuket News Phuket | Thailand | World | Business | Q&A | Weird World XML, RSS, Feed
The Phuket News The Phuket News

Patong police threaten Computer Crime Act against negligence claim

PHUKET: Patong Police are considering invoking the Computer Crime Act against a man who was severely beaten in what appears to be a pre-arranged gang fight in Patong after he accused police on Facebook of neglecting their duty.

patong, police, violence, crime,

Eakkapop Thongtub

Friday 11 August 2017, 11:03AM

The incident came to light on Wednesday (Aug 9) when videos of the fight posted by “Jeen Zosmilez” (real name not disclosed) started going viral.

The post also included a video of young Thai males at a police station and photos of a young Thai man in a hospital bed with extensive facial and head injuries.

However, the post did not clarify how long ago the fight happened, though it now appears it may have been more than a year ago.

“My friends took me to meet them. I did not want to go. I was forced to fight. I did not want to do it. I had more than 100 stitches in my head. They recorded the fight and posted it on Facebook for fun. They ravaged my heart and I nearly died,” “Jeen Zosmilez” said in the post.

However, “Jeen Zosmilez” accused police of failing to do their duty as he claimed that one of the attackers lied to police about his age and was subsequently “left off” under the belief he was a juvenile.

“He did not come to the court. Some people saw him in Patong, but they released him. Is this kind of case is attempted to kill? Police told me that I am 16 years old after I showed them my ID card. Even police could not identify my age. I was 19, not 16. He was 19 too, but he lied to police that he was 16 and police believed him.”

“Jeen Zosmilez” also accused the police of allowing one of the attackers free.

C and C Marine

“Police told me to let police to their job. I wait for one year to see mun (“it”, sic) in jail . When I asked police they told me to wait. I waited to go to the court. Now he has escaped. If anyone sees him please tell me. I want to know how much he paid to bail out,” the post added.

“I collected all evidence including doctor certificates. My mother reported this to police after the incident. I do not understand why police arrested both of us. I gave police all evidence. I nearly died, but police released him. How police work I do not understand.

“At first police told me to stay calm. When I stayed calm the case became silent. I gave up to Patong Police. Police have told me not to post this in Facebook. But now I cannot any longer. Please share this.”

Lt Col Somsak Thongklieng of the Patong Police yesterday (Aug 10) publicly responded to the incident.

“We have take action against the two parties in the fight. Now the case is in court. We did not ignore this case. The person who posted this might not understand the law,” Col Somsak told reporters.

“We have discussed about the person who posted and shared this. This might involved the Computer Crime Act, because what the person posted is not true. This post damaged the police. All this action has been presented to the Patong Police Chief for consideration of further action,” he said.

Forget your password?

Eagle | 12 August 2017 - 17:42:35

Yes Sherlock Pendejo,it is really funny! Can't stop laughing.

Jor12 | 12 August 2017 - 16:05:42

BenPendejo...As I quoted from the article, "The person who posted this might not understand the law." You could take heed of what that entails, because you have no idea of the facts, so all your comments are incorrect.

If being wise enough to recognise and correct injustices, should jolt you into realising that you don't have a license to spout your invectives, but if you think you do, then expect to be criticised.

BenPendejo | 12 August 2017 - 13:46:24

Funny...anyone else notice how frequently the comments from Jor 12 and Eagle appear so close together, and always in agreement...often in support of one another???  I'm thinking they both might be sitting on the same bar stool.  And also, the comments removed were common adjectives that most people associate with the BIBs and their well deserved reputation.  Also, look at that injury to that kids head.  Even if he was a willing participant (or unwilling as he said) in this idiotic fight, inflicting an injury like that on another person is felonious... and possibly bordering on attempted murder.  This kid says "the BIBs let the perps go", while the BIBs say "no worry...we take care of".  Neither party's word are worth a plugged nickle, but regardless, assault and battery like that should put a kid behind bars for a good spell.

Eagle | 11 August 2017 - 17:05:35

Guess Pendejo gave another example of his well maintained colloquial language from his hillbilly/redneck origin,that's why the editor removed it.

Jor12 | 11 August 2017 - 16:23:02

BenPendejo...the article states, "...We have take action against the two parties in the fight...The person who posted this might not understand the law" - which obviously can be directed to you as well.

BenPendejo | 11 August 2017 - 11:25:39

My oh my..."This post damaged the [Patong] police".  Yeah right, as if they had any kind of reputation [adjectives removed by Editor] But this seems typical...the kid and his Mom report the crime, then no action for about a year...but as soon as this kid calls out the police for being useless, they are right on top of him and ready to file charges.  Childish to the extreme.

Matches 6 result(s)