FIFA WORLD CUP 2018 Kata Rocks
Login | Create Account Poll Currency Weather Facebook Youtube Search

Patong Indian restaurant saved from fire

PHUKET: Quick response from firefighters saved an Indian restaurant in the heart of Patong from being engulfed in flames last night (Jan 11).

tourismTanyaluk Sakoot

Friday 12 January 2018, 10:42AM


After receiving the emergency call, more than 16 firemen in three fire trucks arrived at the Madras Cafe on Rat-U-Thit 200 Pi Rd at 9:20pm to counter the blaze.

After shutting the power off and taking just 15 minutes to douse the flames, the fire teams prevented the fire from destroying the cafe or spreading to adjoining businesses.

The Chief of the Patong Municipality Fire Department, who asked not to be named, told The Phuket News that the fire started in the overhead fume hood in the kitchen.

“We were able to quickly bring the fire under control, with the restricted to the kitchen only. No adjoining buildings were damaged and thankfully no people were injured in the fire,” he said.

 

 

Comment on this story

* Please login to comment. If you do not have an account please register below by simply entering a username, password and email address. You can still leave your comment below at the same time.

Comments Here:
Comments Left:
# Characters
Username:
Password:
E-mail:
Security:

Kurt | 12 January 2018 - 14:05:48

Was the overhead fume hood weekly cleaned? Undone of fat and grease?
A normal cleaning procedure to prevent fire starts like this.

Are the answers:  No,.. and,..No? Than try a fire accident.
Is the fire brigade inspection department visiting the restaurant kitchens to see on that?

 

Phuket community
Phuket jet-ski mechanic drowns in lake test drive

I started writing but couldn't be bothered......!...(Read More)


Motorcyclist killed while exiting Phuket underpass

I regular become 'overtaken' by high speed motorbikes on 1 lane underpass ( near central fes...(Read More)


Phuket jet-ski mechanic drowns in lake test drive

Known to be not a good swimmer, and not wearing life jacket, as all over the world people do if they...(Read More)


The ‘Cat Man’ of Aleppo

Men who help cats- heroes. Women who help cats- crazy....(Read More)


Phuket jet-ski mechanic drowns in lake test drive

That someone who can't swim would get on a jet-ski without a bouyancy vest at all never mind reg...(Read More)


First Phuket monkeys relocated to Koh Payu

Officials are happy but I am not sure about happiness amongst monkeys to be relocated on islands wit...(Read More)


First Phuket monkeys relocated to Koh Payu

Now the Wild life Education Centre + other 'relevant' government officials have to continuou...(Read More)


Phuket residents happy with wild monkey campaign, says wildlife chief

Spelling error, should be Wild Lie Chief. A post that has been too long neglected here....(Read More)


Pattaya vendor fined for threatening to shoot Chinese tourists

re: "Mr.Trump/Netanjahu in jail" Perhaps they should. I can't recall anywhere else in...(Read More)


Motorcyclist killed while exiting Phuket underpass

Since motorbikes are clearly forbidden from entering these underpasses I'd say it's a clear ...(Read More)