BRITISH INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL, PHUKET

Oblique support delivers last-minute Thailand Pass

Oblique support delivers last-minute Thailand Pass

PHUKET: Support for dealing with issues in being approved a Thailand Pass in order to enter the country has delivered a last-minute reprieve for at least one family looking to fly to Phuket, with a Thailand Pass issued for each family member within 24 hours of their booked flight to Phuket.

tourismCOVID-19

Saturday 6 November 2021, 03:58PM

The family, currently based in Paris, have been left hanging in hope that a Thailand Pass would be issued for the mother before they board their flight tomorrow (Nov 7).

The reprieve came via a notice posted by the Royal Thai Embassy in Bern, Switzerland, giving contact details for those needing assistance with their Thailand Pass applications through the website https://tp.consular.go.th/

Of note, the same support notice has now been posted on the home page of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs’ Department of Consular Affairs website.

“On Friday I managed to find the LINE ID of the Dept of Consular Affairs Thailand. So I tried my luck and sent them a message. Very quickly they replied asking for my details,” the mother told The Phuket News. (See gallery above for LINE ID QR code.)

“I replied immediately. About two hours later they also asked me for my phone number. Again I replied immediately. And then nothing,” she added.

“During the day I sent various messages but nothing. Then yesterday night I decided to call the call center, but no answers,” the mother explained.

“A friend of mine who just arrived in Phuket tried non-stop to call them since early morning today [Saturday] as well, but no answers,” she continued.

“Anyhow, they finally sent me my personal QR code as well as the QR code of my two children at 4:37am this morning, which is just about 24 hour before my departure,” the mother confirmed.

“I am so relieved you can’t imagine!” she said.

The last-minute reprieve for the one family gives hope to many hundreds, if not thousands, of people affected by the issues affecting the timely issuing of Thailand Pass permits to enter the country.

Many of the people affected were either already issued a COE (Certificate of Entry) under the previous entry requirements, or as with the family in Paris told to wait for the Thailand Pass system to launch when they originally applied for the COE with plenty of time to be issued their permit.

Kurt | 07 November 2021 - 14:59:48

Very wise that Thai have to take a ATK before flying/bus ride domestic! After all, It are the Thai who mainly are the Covid-19 virus. To many still not even received the 1st vaccination. spreaders.

Robin Lee | 07 November 2021 - 10:08:25

It was announce that Thais need not have to take ATK when coming into Phuket. Yesterday, my friend flying in by Thai Smile from Suwanaphumi Airport was asked to take mandatory ATK before being allowed to board the aircraft. Many other Thai on the same flight were also had to take the ATK

Rooboy | 07 November 2021 - 08:57:34

I tried registering from my mobile phone 3 times and received the same error, but then tried on my desktop computer and it worked first time and I received my pass 3 days later.

Kurt | 07 November 2021 - 08:26:40

The wish of Thai Government to welcome foreign visitors is just fake. They block tourists from going to Thailand very effective with that tp.consular.go thing. Very easy, they just do nothing, don't answer phone calls. Its getting more crazy by the day with Officialdom.

Fascinated | 06 November 2021 - 22:20:50

trying to book only 24 hrs in advance- are they nuts? Rule of 7 Ps= Prior preparation and planning prevents a p**poor performance.

Robin Lee | 06 November 2021 - 19:45:19

It’s an inefficient LINK. My guests tried for Agee days after receiving the Link from the hotel. They were very frustrated and almost decided not to visit Phuket. Really screwed up system that is discouraging tourists to visit Phuket & Thailand.

Kalim Beach restaurant fined for obstructing traffic

A fine of 1000 thb only? Great example of how you make yourself as law enforcement organisation ri...(Read More)

Phuket police deny ‘robbing’ foreigners, defend traffic checks

Kurt@ have to agree with you for a change, I have been stopped many times around Chalong and Patong,...(Read More)

Patong venue operators cautioned as Bangla cases rise

....'To be consumed between 11-14 and 17-23 hrs'.... That are the hours Covid-19 virus + he...(Read More)

Patong venue operators cautioned as Bangla cases rise

allowed or not allowed in patong and all around the island there is no bar/restaurant that really gi...(Read More)

Patong venue operators cautioned as Bangla cases rise

Precautions DO work. Without them, the hospitals would have shuttered over a year ago from inundati...(Read More)

Phuket Opinion: Same old games

why would the police no check all local busines instead? the 4th wave is coming and hope this time w...(Read More)

Phuket police deny ‘robbing’ foreigners, defend traffic checks

Hating opinions is a far bigger problem to some than expressing them is to me. It's so easy to b...(Read More)

Frenchman faces deportation for Facebook posts

Chris UN are as useless..no point.. if they really would listen they would already have arrested tha...(Read More)

Frenchman faces deportation for Facebook posts

Just Deport him and make sure he never can come back. Foreigners should never make any comments on ...(Read More)

Phuket Opinion: Same old games

They need their tea money to buy their Ferrari ........(Read More)