The news comes following Phuket Governor Phakaphong Tavipatana paying a visit to the site of the unfinished provincial hall on Wednesday (Oct 3).
In June last year, The Phuket News reported that construction of the B450 million new Phuket Provincial Hall was 70% complete and that the project should be finished by November 26 , 2017, or the contractor will face hefty fines.
The deadline for completion of the long-awaited new Provincial Hall building was extended by 180 days due to “lack of workers” on the construction site, Chief of Phuket Public Relations Office Bussaya Chaipeum told The Phuket News on June 23. (See story here.)
However, on April 5 this year, the Phuket Public Relations Department confirmed that new contractors were being sought to complete construction of the new Provincial Hall following the cancellation of the contract with the original contractors.
The Phuket PR Office announced that Phuket Vice Governor Thawornwat Kongkaew recently revealed more details of the about the halted construction of the new Provincial Hall where he said, “The original contract was cancelled because construction did not follow the plan.” (See story here.)
Speaking on Wednesday, Governor Phakaphong said that a new medium price would have to be set up for the procurement process.
“On Oct 18 we will hold a meeting to make an agreement about a a new medium price. After that we can hire a new contractor to continue construction of the new provincial hall. We expect to have a constructor by December,” Gov Phakaphong said.
“If all goes according to plan, we will give the new contractor 555 days to complete the work meaning the new provincial hall will be complete in June 2020.”