Arrest warrants served for illegally occupying Layan beach state land

Arrest warrants served for illegally occupying Layan beach state land

PHUKET: Two squatters refusing to vacate state land at Layan Beach have been served arrest warrants for refusing an order issued by a government official, MaAnn Samran, Chief of Cherng Talay Tambon Administrative Organisation (OrBorTor) has confirmed.

landpropertycrimetourism

Tuesday 10 August 2021, 06:09PM

Cherng Talay OrBorTor Chief MaAnn Samran busy overseeing the COVID-19 ‘proactive screening’ mass testing in Cherng Talay yesterday (Aug 9). Photo: Cherng Talay OrBorTor

The warrants were served after the Cherng Talay OrBorTor petitioned the court late last month, Mr MaAnn told The Phuket News.

Mr MaAnn confirmed that arrest warrants were issued for three people, but he only spoke of two people who he named only as Mr Akkarachai and Mr Leechua. Both had ignored all official notices to vacate the land they were illegally occupying, despite the Supreme Court ruling last year that the land they were on belonged to the state.

“For case involving Mr Akkarachai, the court on July 22 asked him to pay B400,000 or B600,000, I’m not sure. The prosecutor had filed a request to deny bail,” Mr MaAnn said in a hurried conversation.

“As for Mr Leechua, the court has postponed his court date,” he said.

Mr MaAnn today met with officers from the Legal Execution Department (LED) to discuss whether workers can enter the properties and demolish any structures still standing.

“We need to look into this as the court has postponed one of the trial dates,” he said.

The results of the meeting with the LED officials have yet to become known.

PaintFX

“We need to be very careful. Even though we have a good intention to get the land back, when someone files a lawsuit and the court accepts the lawsuit, everyone is afraid because we need to pay bail ourselves,” Mr MaAnn said.

“Officers at a previous meeting told me to wait until all the legal processes have been completed, and I told them that I do not have any problems doing it that way, but I asked them whether that would take a long time,” he said.

“Other people want me to wait because they are not locals born here, but I am. I want to clear the land for my local people. As a politician, I hope I can make a great benefit for my people,” he added.

“I want to do so, but I cannot do it alone, as things are beyond my authority. I need to follow the orders of higher officials,” Mr MaAnn said.

“For my part, I have already contacted a company to demolish the structures on the land. I am just waiting for other officials to be ready, so we can demolish the structures on the land and get our land back,” he said.

Mr MaAnn noted that recent developments in the rising number of COVID cases on the island had disrupted the efforts to reclaim the land.

“Last week, we planned to go to examine the land again, but we did not because there was an outbreak of COVID-19 infections in Cherng Talay, and the OrBorTor office needed to be closed for two weeks,” he said.

Kurt | 11 August 2021 - 09:53:36

MaAnn not even doesn't know how to keep simply his beaches clean. How much 'study money' about that Beach Park plan, years ago, to honor HM King Bhumibol went into his 'sink hole' ? After that, nothing happened. One thing for sure, MaAnn doesn't look like he suffers due to the Pandemic. Take good care himself, never will be hungry. A Thai politician pur sang.

Kurt | 11 August 2021 - 09:24:27

Mr MaAnn is a Thai soap opera on his own. Unbelievable. He really presents, and shows openly how the Thai government  works. ( according his thinking)  Such local Officials are a disaster. With that kind you can't progress anything in communities.

Christy Sweet | 11 August 2021 - 09:20:21

It's never been adequately explained why licenses could not be issued, businesses regulated and taxes collected for the beach side operations that really add so much to the enjoyment.  Yes, keep some sections free of commercial enterprises but  right now the beach is not very inviting, trash everywhere that used to be cleaned  up for one. It looks lonely and dangerous now.

Capricornball | 10 August 2021 - 23:38:05

As for the 3rd person,..."he is my friend, and I am trying to milk him for a couple more months".  And...Mr.Ma-ann is also jeopardizing those Covid workers. If he takes a couple more bites of food, one of those shirt buttons  could give way, and someone could lose an eye as a result!

Xi_Virus | 10 August 2021 - 18:57:50

Mr MaAnn: eXcuse me but you are a BAD Joke!

Fascinated | 10 August 2021 - 18:52:24

So much for Ma-Ann's fianl, final, final, final final, removal the other week! Strange that there's alwasy some sort of complication when he's in the middle of things but always claims 'bigger boys did it'.

Army sets up food kitchen for Rawai sea gypsies under lockdown

Hope the Rawai gypsies are allowed from their restricted grounds to be able to go straight out by bo...(Read More)

Communicable Disease Act to be amended

Where is the Phuket Governor now to defend his official statement of 6-8 weeks ago that within 2 wee...(Read More)

New Phuket anti-COVID campaign in full swing

Skip is right. Deaths have gone up since the vaccine rollout in Phuket, and this is just the start. ...(Read More)

Costs of forced repeated tests threaten Canadian Sandbox holiday

Dubai TAT Office warns Thai Government that the complicated COE application process as well the cos...(Read More)

Communicable Disease Act to be amended

In readable language: After Sept. CCSA and perhaps some other parties are not carry responsibility f...(Read More)

Phuket marks 254 new COVID cases, two more deaths

Well, with bit of luck numbers of daily Thai Covid infected reach the 300 by end September. The arri...(Read More)

Personal details of 106mn visitors to Thailand exposed online for 10 years

I miss to read that this concerns Thai Immigration. Infamous for not 'smart' operating her c...(Read More)

New Phuket anti-COVID campaign in full swing

the mass testing will produce more positives. the vexxine is causing the positives and the transmiss...(Read More)

Tempers flare over long vaccination queue

By contrast when I was there 2 weeks ago for my 2nd jab I was perplexed to find it absolutely desert...(Read More)

Personal details of 106mn visitors to Thailand exposed online for 10 years

great news, security is always First in this country...lol...(Read More)