The Phuket News Novosti Phuket Khao Phuket

Login | Create Account | Search


Phuket police investigate two accidents that left two dead, three injured

Phuket police investigate two accidents that left two dead, three injured

PHUKET: Police are currently investigating two accidents that happened in Wichit less than 24 hours apart and left left two men dead and another three people injured.

accidentsdeathtransport
By Darawan Naknakhon

Tuesday 15 March 2016 12:54 PM


A policeman at the scene of yesterday's (Mar 14) accident on Chao Fa East Rd. Photo: Darawan Naknakhon

A policeman at the scene of yesterday's (Mar 14) accident on Chao Fa East Rd. Photo: Darawan Naknakhon

In the first incident, which happened at around 7:30am yesterday morning (Mar 14), Lt Col Narong Muangduong was called to the scene of an accident in front of Ban Nabon School on Chao Fa East Rd where three motorbikes had crashed into each other.

It was reported that one man had died and two people were injured.

“Upon arrival we found three wrecked motorbikes in the middle of the road. The body of a man, later identified as 17-year-old Sinthichai Lakkoh, was in the road with a head injury. A helmet was found nearby.

“Two injured motorists, Narakorn Onthong, 30, and Ms Pha Yasamuth, 54, had been taken to Vachira Hospital to be treated for minor injuries,” Lt Col Narong explained.

Local residents told police that Sintichai was coming from the direction of Phuket Town heading to Chalong on a motorbike with no licence plate. Two other motorbikes were coming from the direction of Chalong and somehow the three collided when one of them went to make a U-turn.

“We are checking CCTV from the area to see if we can find what really happened. We are also waiting to question the injured people,” Lt Col Narong said.

In the second incident, which happened at 1:30am this morning (Mar 15), Lt Col Piraphan Meemark, also from Wichit Police, was called to investigate a hit-and-run on Chao Fa West Rd.

Lt Col Piraphan was told that one man had died and two other people were injured after an 18-wheeler truck hit a motorbike the three were travelling on.

Police arrived at scene, near the northbound entrance to the Daasamuth Underpass, with Raumjai rescue workers to find the body of a 30-40 year old man lying face down in a pool of blood.

“We found nothing on the body other than a mobile phone. About 20 metres away was a wrecked Yamaha Mio.

“The two injured people had already been taken to hospital,” said Lt Col Piraphan.

“Residents said that the motorbike was hit by the 18-wheeler and it had run over the deceased.

“They said the truck did not stop and kept going north. We are checking CCTV to see if we can get a licence plate or better description of the truck,” he added.