Phuket: Developments today in Thailand
Developments during the day as reported on the news on the military-owned Channel 5 TV:
The Phuket News
Friday 23 May 2014, 06:50PM
- Seventy-six of 108 Internet service providers summoned to a meeting with the National Peace and Order Maintaining Council (NPOMC) attended. They were told that all news carried on the Internet must be "correct" and the information must not be 'distorted' or likely to 'provoke people'.
- CEOs from state enterprises and major private sector businesses who were summoned to a meeting with the NPOMC were warned that if they did not arrive, they might face penalties.
- The NPOMC said that 155 people had been barred from leaving the country. It did not list their names.
- At 10am former PM Yingluck Shinawatra answered a summons to meet the NPOMC by arriving in a white minibus with black windows.
- Work to clear away the PDRC protest encampment at Rajdamnoen is proceeding, which is making traffic heavier in that area.