Police arrested Mr Su Su, 29, of China, at a luxury villa development in Phuket’s Pa Khlok subdistrict. Mr Su allegedly admitted that he sold SIM cards to various Chinese nationals, but claimed to have no knowledge or links with Friday’s failed heist in Bangkok. (See story here.)
Immigration police chief Nathathorn Prousoonthorn today (Mar 8) said that Mr Su was blacklisted indefinitely and could not re-enter Thailand as his action was considered a threat to national security.
The man’s family and Chinese authorities were arranging the trip and it was expected he would be deported sometime this week, Pol Lt Gen Nathathorn said.
If he really wanted to re-enter Thailand he could make a request after five years, or after 2021.
Mr Su, 29, was arrested in Phuket for supplying a telephone SIM card to one of the five suspects in the failed robbery at Inter Arms gun shop at Samyod Plaza in Bangkok’s Wang Burapha area last Friday.
The man said earlier that he sold SIM cards to tour companies, which in turn distributed them to Chinese travellers in Thailand.
The immigration chief also said on Monday that the five Chinese suspects might not have criminal records because they had applied for visas at the Thai consulate-general in Guangzhou.
The robbers used BB guns bought in Pattaya during the holdup. Three were shot by police, and one later died, as they tried to escape, and a fourth arrested nearby. The alleged gang leader was arrested on Saturday on a train heading to Chiang Mai.
The four remaining suspects are being held for further interrogation. Police asked Chinese authorities for background checks on the gang members and Mr Su.
Read original story here.


