Classifieds 50% off, use promo code FBkpkPromo The Phuket News Kata Rocks The Phuket News Outrigger Koh Samui Beach Resort
The Phuket News Phuket News
The Phuket News Phuket | Thailand | World | Business | Q&A | Weird World XML, RSS, Feed
The Phuket News The Phuket News

16 Indians suffer minor injuries in Phuket bus crash

PHUKET: A bus overturned on Phuket’s Kata hill this morning leaving all 16 Indian tourists on board with minor injuries.

accidents, police, patong, transport,

Eakkapop Thongtub

Thursday 26 January 2017, 10:50AM

The driver of the bus said that the brakes failed as he was descending the hill. Photo: Eakkapop Thongtub

Capt Somkiet Hwantae of the Chalong Police was informed of an accident on Kata hill at 7:50am today (Jan 26) where it was reported that a bus had crashed into a concrete barrier on a bend on Patak Rd (Kata hill).

Police arrived at the scene to find a Bangkok registered tour bus leaning on its side against a concrete road barrier.

Capt Somkiet said, “There were 16 Indian tourists on the bus and they had to be rescued by Phuket Ruamjai Kupai rescue workers.

“None of the passengers were seriously injured, however, they were all taken to Vachira Phuket Hospital as a precaution,” he said.

MY STORAGE - Secure, Clean and Cost Effective Self Storage at Jungceylon, Phuket, Thailand

“A forklift truck had to be brought to the scene to put the bus upright and officials from the Disaster Prevention and Mitigation Office from Chalong scattered sand over the road to cover the spilled oil.”

According to Capt Somkiet, the driver of the bus, 33-year-old Mr Jiroj Noochaikaew, said that he was driving the tourists from a hotel in Patong and was heading to Phuket Town when the brakes failed .

“I could not brake to reduce my speed so I crashed into the concrete barrier instead,” Jiroj said.

“We have to investigate more to see if any charges will be pressed,” added Capt Somkiet.

Forget your password?

Eagle | 30 January 2017 - 19:28:01

Timothy,as you did not understand e-matts comment it is useless to have further discussions with you!But boy what i can tell you is that your assumptions about me(old,young lady friends blablabla)are totally wrong.

Andy | 30 January 2017 - 16:15:32

Another 'well said Timothy' from me.
I don't mind anyone disagreeing with my opinions or correcting me factually if appropriate but I do object to being called an idiot especially when I am correct. I also object to other posters being called idiots, fools, clueless etc. for merely expressing an opinion and that includes an opinion I do not agree with.
As I posted elsewhere today the three (if they are three) should take heed of my paraphrasing of Mark Twain:
Better to keep your fingers away from the keyboard and be thought a fool, than apply them and remove all doubt.

swerv | 30 January 2017 - 16:09:32

Timothy: You are making a lot of assumptions against someone you don't know. I don't own any condo's, not my market. I own pool villas.
Also, i don't frequent bars or entertain ladies of the night, not my scene and never has been.

malczx7r | 30 January 2017 - 15:45:33

Timothy, well said!

Kurt | 30 January 2017 - 15:12:59

@ Timothy:  Wow, I wish I would be able to write it so fine and sharp as you did today.
Indeed, I have also thai friends who studied many years overseas, got foreign ( real!) degrees.
They came back in Thailand, where not able anymore to adjust to 'things' here, and left again to New Zealand, Australia, and Europe.

One of their points was the fake thai professors/lecturers with their fake internet degrees.
( See article in BP 29/1)
They couldn't stand to have fake qualified thai superiors in schools/universities.

Pauly44 | 30 January 2017 - 15:11:14

Bang on Timothy, I find their comments defy logic, do my best to avoid reading them, they must assimilate well here.

Timothy | 30 January 2017 - 13:35:19

Rorii, I agree 100%. I know several Thai here that have been educated outside of Thailand. They are more critical of the corruption, which is the root of all Thailand's problems, than most of my expat friends. I come from a major city in N. America. There were many Thai's living there. The Thai friends I had back home were very outspoken about the problems here. I can guarantee you they would be making comments similar to Kurt's, and nothing like comments from Joe12, Swerve, and the newest "expert" on all things Thai, Eagle. I imagine these guys are the typical old expats who think they've got it made here. I can just see them holding court in their local beer bar with their very impressed young lady friends. Swerve and Joe12 are self professed real estate moguls, with a few cheap condos they rent out to other cheap charlies. They must have come from some pretty dumpy places to think everything here far better....It is very amusing how angry they get if someone makes a derogatory comment towards Thai's, yet they make derogatory comments about every other commenter. Don't call a Thai guy who killed a girl on a motorbike 'brainless' you stupid, clueless, empty vessel, idiot!--- Absolutely brilliant bunch were dealing with here.

Rorii | 30 January 2017 - 07:00:21

ematt, referring  to thais living in other countries, the fact is, they don't  complain, simply because they have nothing to complain about, after living in these countries they usully reflect on how badly thailand is run. They know where they are better off.

Rorii | 29 January 2017 - 17:30:14

Jor12/joe12. or whoever you woke to as today, more belittling comments, to satisfy your egotistical attitude, definitely someone who never believes, or accepts, other peoples opposing comments, must be a grand thing, to wake up each day, knowing you are "right." By the way, I don't actually claim any "claim to fame" I leave that to egotists, like yourself, I don't need to boost my ego.

swerv, very few expats are "guests" as I don't know any that were actually invited, most paid their own way, and applied for visas, a guest would not have to do this, or be treated the way visa holders are.

Guest def:a person who is invited to visit someone's home.

notice, just for you, the word "INVITED."

Eagle | 29 January 2017 - 16:31:07

Excellent comment ematt!And i am sure that most of these always complaining expats dont even  have a basic knowledge of thai language!

The Phuket News
Page: First | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Last Matches 41 result(s)
The Phuket News The Phuket News The Phuket News