The new channel marks the first time Thailand has allowed victims to request the Court to delete sexual or abusive content from the internet, Suriyan Hongwilai, spokesman for the Court of Justice, said yesterday.
The launch followed the enforcement of an amendment to the sexual harassment offence, which broadened the range of conduct covered. It took effect on Dec 30, 2025, reports the Bangkok Post.
Previously, blocking or suspending online content fell under officials acting under the Computer Crime Act, which required approval from the Criminal Court.
Victims were unable to file petitions directly and had to undergo lengthy court procedures, Mr Suriyan said.
The channel allows people to submit petitions themselves without travelling to court. It is for removal requests only, as victims seeking damages must file a separate complaint, Mr Suriyan added.
To petition, people must identify themselves through the ThaID application of the Department of Provincial Administration. Authorities are also considering other reliable identification platforms, such as the National Digital ID (NDID), the spokesman said.
The system provides step-by-step instructions for online petitioners. Once submitted, a petition is forwarded to court officials for review before being presented to a judge for consideration, the Court of Justice said.
If necessary, the court may schedule an inquiry to request additional information from the petitioner. After a court order is issued, authorised parties will be directed to proceed with removal or to follow other instructions.
Online petitions can be submitted around the clock, but the date of submission will follow regular office hours. Petitions presented outside those hours are considered received on the next working day.
For paper-based petitions, individuals may go to any jurisdictional court of justice in any province during working hours as usual.
CIOS is a portal developed by the Court of Justice to receive public submissions. It has allowed the public to submit bail requests online since 2020.
There are plans to further develop the system to support submission of documents in criminal, juvenile and family cases, the spokesman added.


