Suchart Chanaprasert, 36, from Nakorn Sri Thammarat, was found the following morning, floating in the pond face up.
On his head was a small lamp and in his left hand was the 300-metre cable he had used to try and electrocute the fish. There was a large burn on his hand from where he was electrocuted.
After questioning the victim’s relatives, police learned that Suchart had trespassed into the area to go fishing and had plugged the wire into the power outlet in the facility before heading to the pond to fish.
Police said, “It appears that the wire had a crack in the insulation through which the electricity leaked, killing him.”
Relatives, alarmed when he did not return, found him the following morning, surrounded by dead fish.