Why is it that scientists today are in such a rush to develop bio technologies, manipulate our already-broken food supply and do away with our last remaining indigenous seeds left to us by our forefathers?
Please tell the Good Earth Chef what good will come out of all this? Without seeds to grow flowers how can we live without our pollinating bee and butterfly population? How does not saving organic seeds benefit human kind?
How can we do this to future generations of our children’s children and sleep well knowing that all of us will be gone from this good earth anyway and that will in the end start the healing process with or without us?
Where is this all going and what can you do about it:
- Support your local organic farmer friends in season and boycott all GMOs found in the processed food industry, including all conventional dairy and meats.
2. Learn to protect your good health by making an organic whole-perishable-food-plant-based transition over to real foods that our forefathers before us enjoyed in their lifetime.
3. Boycott all chemical products that go into and onto your body, and on your clothes and in your furniture, and yes, bed as well. Replace all of this stuff with earth-friendly, organic, biodegradable safe products and you can learn to make much of it yourself from Youtube. Just invest in your life everyday of every year and you will be OK at the end of this path.
4. Question everything and become free-thinking and always perform your good due diligence before you put that fork or spoon-full of food into your mouth and body. You have a given right to know what our food suppliers are doing to your food and this information must never be undisclosed but it is unfortunately, today. You are responsible for your own health and not them.
5. Learn to connect more with nature again so intimately that it becomes part of your own life, and learn to love all life unconditionally and to have more compassion for this good earth. You will be glad that you did in the end my friend.
6. Learn to live in the present always, and to not bring needless suffering to yourself by living in the past or future. Learn to adapt to your challenges as this tells you that you are still alive. Some things are not going to go as you always want it to be so let it go. Humans have over complicated their lives by not saving seed and by turning their backs on nature with such arrogance. Wild life just lives on to survive to the next season. A seed planted today is a tree tomorrow. Holistic Chef Barry's moringa tree from one seed is two stories high after planting the seed just three years ago. One Moringa tree from one seed will provide leafy greens for my whole Thai family and more for the rest of our lives. Our coconut tree of 10 years old is providing 100 coconuts every year for the family. A coconut is really a seed, one of the largest in the world. Unquestionably, an excellent return on investment just by working with nature.
7. We have chosen a path that benefits the few with our purchasing power so in effect we are also to blame for this situation that we have gotten ourselves in. Our food supply only reflects on what people are willing to buy. When buying your organic produce, do not sentence the seeds to the landfill or incinerator. Instead give your seeds a chance to grow into food for your good earth kitchen table.
Now here are some tips/guidelines on how to germinate your seeds for sprouting into living foods.
- First clean the seeds in water by rinsing them clean of debris, then soak the seeds in a glass or ceramic bowl with the water level about two inches above the surface of the seed line. Soak them for about 8 to 12 hours overnight.
- First thing in the morning, rinse and discard the water that contains the enzyme inhibitors. Enough rinsing until the water is clear when you cover the seeds in a bowl.
- Then air dry the seeds in darkness using a sprouting jar, a strainer basket or a clean cloth towel by folding the material around your living foods like a burrito loosely called the mat method.
- The following day continue with a water mist or plant your germinating seeds in organic potting soil or your garden to grow into living organic sprouts.
- For the saved seeds they keep well in envelope packets in your refrigerator for storage. Make sure to write the date and the seeds’ name on the envelope.
Holistic Chef Barry aka Barry Anderson worked in the Cartoon Animation Industry professionally for 20 years all around the world and found himself becoming obese. Chef Barry learned the culinary arts of working with foods from nature and managed to drop more than 100 pounds of excess weight from his 5 Food 4 inch body frame. The next 20 years Barry conducted intensive research of the weight loss industry, our current food supply system, the environment, social issues and natural health with fitness and longevity living. Barry has lived with his Thai Family at the Garden Villa Phuket Good Earth Health Residence in Chalong for the last 20 years.
For more extras, beautifully illustrated are 365 plus Weight Loss and Longevity Recipes including more than 50 Natural Health articles, photographed and written by Holistic Chef Barry himself. All recipes are Gluten Free and and use natural whole food plant based recipes that our forefathers before us have enjoyed for thousands of years. You can Visit Chef Barry’s page here at flic.kr/ps/QgogH