Vaccination registration for non-working foreigners in Phuket opens

Vaccination registration for non-working foreigners in Phuket opens

PHUKET: Foreigners in Phuket who have not been issued a work permit can now register to receive a state-provided COVID-19 vaccination, local authorities have announced.

COVID-19

Thursday 17 June 2021, 10:03AM

The ‘Phuket Must Win’ website (www. ภูเก็ตต้องชนะ.com) now shows a new category, ’Vaccination for non-work permit foreigners’. Screenshot: Phuket Must Win

The announcement came through one sentence in a post on the official Facebook page of the “Official COVID-19 Information Center Phuket”, operated by the Phuket office of the Ministry of Interior, after 7pm last night.

Of note, the post was in English language.

The post read, “Currently Foreign workers who are hold valid work permits are eligible for vaccinations.  Registration must be completed by their registered companies.”

Then the post noted, “Foreigners who are registered to reside in Phuket without work permits are now eligible to apply via the website www.phuket.win”.

No other details were provided.

The ‘Phuket Must Win’ website (www.ภูเก็ตต้องชนะ.com) now shows a new category, “Vaccination for non-work permit foreigners”.

Unlike with any other announcements of groups of people in Phuket being allowed to register to be vaccinated, Phuket officials so far have yet to make any other announcements that registration is now open for non-working expats.

Dave_C | 01 July 2021 - 03:38:46

@DeeKassgoose
Have a nice day !

DeKaaskopp | 30 June 2021 - 14:13:31

"Support me in my efforts to secure the bridge"  Lol, Dave.Who you think you are ? The savior of Phuket  ? Go get a life man !

Dave_C | 30 June 2021 - 11:57:58

These [people] are even dumber than we thought.
The latest comments to appear on the website for non approved applications.
"1. Check the accuracy of the passport and work permit numbers.
2. If correct please contact the department of employment, Phuket  office or Immigration Bureau Phuket Office."
2 questions
1. How do you ascertain that?
2. How do you change them?

Christy Sweet | 25 June 2021 - 14:40:18

Thanks Dave C , again. My registration pending for 5 days now. Unable to use line and unable to use the scan thingy- old style phone. Never mind I don't want the crappy, left over or Thai made vaccines anyway, I want NovaVax !! I shall remain double masked and isolated. Good luck to everyone, we're going to need it.

Dave_C | 25 June 2021 - 11:26:22

The situation is quite serious now with the delta variant prolific in BKK.
Sinovac and Sinopharm have questionable efficacy and the Island is not secure.
PLEASE - if you have continued problems with appointments go to phuket-expat-vaccinations.com for a full guide to registration and problems. Promise no advertising, cookies or collection of data.

SUPPORT ME IN MY EFFORTS TO SECURE THE BRIDG

Christy Sweet | 24 June 2021 - 14:13:37

Dave C, Thank you. I used the grey when I should have used the blue. Now I await the police to come and take me to a concrete cell where I will stay for weeks shivering on the bare floor utterly alone, worried for my ponies until I am  finally deported- my possessions long stolen by neighbors- to the delight of several detractors on this forum.

Dave_C | 24 June 2021 - 10:44:09

correction - delete the "or" from step 5

Dave_C | 24 June 2021 - 09:43:39

1. Fully vaccinated or single AZ within last 14 days or.
2.  Discharge from COVID treatment within 90 days or.
3. RT-PCR or Antigen test within 7 days (3 days foreigners) or
4. Proof of arrangements for 14 day isolation in approved lodging after arrival. (reqd. for these provinces ...) or
5. Official exemption notice. or
6. MorChana app installed and functioning.

CHILDREN BELOW ... EXEMPTE

Dave_C | 24 June 2021 - 09:32:46

My proposal for the bridge
A very large luminous sign with 6 removable panels clearly visible from vehicles in both Thai and English.
IF ALL OCCUPANTS DO NOT SATISFY THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS, PLEASE TURN AROUND NOW OR YOU WILL BE REFUSED ENTRY.

Dave_C | 24 June 2021 - 09:06:58

Dear Editor - I repeat my call from yesterday for assistance with registration problems. Last 24 hrs become aware of many more such problems. Either the administration is incompetent or unwilling to resolve problems.  This is a very serious matter now with the sandbox confirmed and the bridge vetting out of control.
I will shortly post a proposed solution for the Bridge.
Big problem in BKK.

Dave_C | 24 June 2021 - 08:57:01

Christy - There are only 2 buttons applicable to you on the website.

1. Gray button - Vaccination appointment for foreigners. Check your registration here.
If your Passport number is accepted , within 24 hours of approval, Vaccination times will be offered from the gray button.
Not approved or no times - contact your OrBorTor.
2. Turquoise button just above - Registration only using this.

ematt | 23 June 2021 - 16:23:38

Christy please get someone to help you. And please don't be too fussy about which vaccine you get. Both vaccines on offer are safe, and either are better than no vaccine at this point. Protect your self and those around you.

Dave_C | 23 June 2021 - 15:52:10

Is it a coincidence that vaccinations were first offered to non working expats the day that Japan dumped AZ and donated to Thailand ?

Christy Sweet | 23 June 2021 - 14:49:07

The PMW site offers a tab to check/book  appointments but must have a Thai ID and again does not allow me to re register using the blue tab as my email and passport number are "duplicated" which I suppose means already in the system?  Why can they not get a NES to write the text- Thaiglish is so frustrating to figure out and this is so important, I do not want  the Thai made AZ & 60t...

Christy Sweet | 23 June 2021 - 14:29:36

I don't brag about odes to consumerism. I have a 15 yo CRT TV with no cable installed, a 21 yo car and I have not bought anything that was not essential in about.. 5 years. I also do my own laundry, cooking housekeeping and orgasms. The only person who gets money from me is a day worker once every 2  months or so to help me trim horse hooves and repair fencing.

Fascinated | 23 June 2021 - 09:56:41

Dave the PMW works fine for me- just go to the website and check status- no need for sms. Takes 30 seconds.

Dave_C | 23 June 2021 - 08:56:46

3. Expat wife (60) registration under review (3 days) while husband (57) accepted immediately
4. None accepted (that I know) being notified of appointment times.
All the above have sought help but none given.

Dave_C | 23 June 2021 - 08:51:57

Have been contacted by considerable exasperated people and am now asking for the Editors help in seeking answers to 4 specific but representative questions.
1. Inability of resident Thai nationals to register,
2. Registration apprrove but changed to under review - 74 yr expat.

Dave_C | 23 June 2021 - 06:38:26

The point with these non working expat registrations is the inconsistency.
Some get SMS's however most do not.
Some have registrations accepted immediately, others do not with no apparent explanation. Incorrect fields should be highlighted.
Unfortunately most Thai Government websites display these characteristics and using this forum is logical given their inconsistency.
No time for trolls...

wagsthedog | 23 June 2021 - 05:10:06

dont bother registering on the govt site, go to somewhere like Dibuk, Mission, or Bangkok hospital and register for Pfiizer or Novovax, cost B4000 plus doctors fee, job done

GerryT81 | 22 June 2021 - 16:35:32

( ..I cannot afford to upgrade)   Guess we see here another of those big spending Expats, who always waffles about how much he/she contributes to the local economy.

Christy Sweet | 22 June 2021 - 13:29:38

Thank you Dave C for that helpful suggestion- I'm on a ancient Acer laptop  running bootleg  Windows XP- a constant source of problems but I cannot afford to upgrade. Likewise my phone is very limited as is my knowledge of technical  thingys.

Christy Sweet | 22 June 2021 - 13:26:14

It's rather like still commenting on a forum where a couple of  commentators add very little in way of discourse. I'm not going anywhere.

Christy Sweet | 22 June 2021 - 12:24:50

Guessing once you are able to book an appointment, then you get an SMS, otherwise not. I do appear to be registered as I cannot do so again- but I may have used the wrong tab, grey, not blue. Kurt, may I ask please if you are over or  under age  60 ?

r u sure | 22 June 2021 - 12:07:48

I got SMS message earlier today and have booked my appointments Presumably only people who registered previously got an SMS ?

OAG confirms indictment of Red Bull scion based on new evidence

All this doesn't matter anyway. Even if they brave up enough to actually arrest this POS he will...(Read More)

HM King pardons inmates

It seems that everyone mentioned above who have had their sentences reduced all appear to have come ...(Read More)

Virus easing ‘in 4-6 weeks’

What a great prime minister you have Thailand!! He HOPES that the covid situation will ease in 4-6 w...(Read More)

Cocoa trees seized as new plantation found in Bang Wad protected national forest

[“It is an act that indicates the lack of fear of the law."] Why should they ever fear the la...(Read More)

Phuket marks record 38 new local infections, Patong workers camp in isolation

The workers at Layan Soi 7 are no longer wearing masks at all on their off hours, and it is party t...(Read More)

Phuket officials inch up COVID prevention measures

I never got registered, I even got an SMS about 2 weeks ago when it was to reopen as more supply arr...(Read More)

Phuket officials inch up COVID prevention measures

All of Thailand will be safe as the people starve....(Read More)

Phuket marks record 38 new local infections, Patong workers camp in isolation

Bkk people are stuck in Phuket, arrivals from OS testing positive, local outbreak growing, a large p...(Read More)

Evidently, the encroachment into areas far above the height limit in the hills to the east of Kamala...(Read More)

Phuket marks record 38 new local infections, Patong workers camp in isolation

Start up when target not met. Don't stop when target met !!!!...(Read More)