Doctors in Kyrgyzstan removed a giant hairball that had almost completely filled Alekseeva's stomach after she had complained of severe pains.
Alekseeva eventually told doctors that she had a bad habit of eating hair she picked up from the carpet in addition to munching on the tips of her own hair.
“Her stomach was so badly swollen from the hair and bits of wool from the carpet that it literally just oozed out as soon as the wall of the stomach was cut,” surgeon Bahadir Bebezov told The Telegraph in the UK.
The teen girl was admitted into the hsopital after she was unable to eat or drink anything. Once doctors saw the blockage after an X-ray, Alekseeva was rushed to surgery.
Still, Alekseeva is not the only person to have needed a procedure because of hair eating.
In October 2012, a 19-year-old girl in Indore, India had a 1.8kg hair ball removed from her small intestine and stomach. Not only did the Indian girl eat hair, she was fond of eating chalk as well.