THE PAVILIONS PHUKET EPL Prediction Competition 2018-2019 Kata Rocks
Login | Create Account Poll Currency Weather Facebook Youtube Search

BIG LIST: Meal breakers

Thursday 15 March 2012, 02:49PM


Knife in your Subway anyone?

Knife in your Subway anyone?

While we’re generally a fan of the unexpected, there is one place where we draw the line – our food. For us, the following are always going to be serious meal-breakers:
 Headless chook: An American mother went to McDonald’s with her two children and ordered two Happy Meals with chicken nuggets for the children. But with the six-year-old subsequently refused to touch the nuggets, being a generous soul, the mother decided she would eat them herself.
When she looked at the biggest one, she found that it
looked just like a chicken’s head (Note: It was a chicken’s head).

 

 Eat fresh: We’ve heard of
people getting stabbed on the subway, but apparently you can also get stabbed eating one. John Agnesini, 27, sued his local Subway restaurant after he made a frightening discovery that gives new meaning to his former favourite, the ‘Italian cold-cut trio’: a knife baked into the bun.

 

 Soft serve: An Australian family
were pleasantly surprised when they were served complimentary ice cream in a
pub after they complained about the
noise being made during a football
match. But after eating the chocolate gelato, Steve Whyte and his wife Jessica became “violently ill”. It was later revealed those chocolate fudge balls inside the frozen treat were in fact poo. Human poo. Which they ate.

 

 Croaka-cola: Fred DeNegri was barbequing in his backyard when he cracked open a can of Diet Pepsi, took a thirsty gulp and immediately started gagging. The flavour of his Pepsi was rank and the texture was thick like slime – more so than normal. He immediately took it to a sink and shook out the contents until something resembling “pink linguini” slid out, followed by “dark stuff”. Despite persistent shaking, a heavy object remained inside the can, which ended up being a frog. Luckily, DeNegri suffered no health repercussions, but you can bet the poor guy will never again enjoy a carefree sip of soft drink without the fear of finding ‘a frog in his throat’.

 

QSI International School Phuket

 Medium rare: When German tourist Axel Sanz-Claus ordered his steak ‘extra bloody’ from a high-class steakhouse in New York's Waldorf-Astoria hotel,
he wasn’t expecting to get served a blood-soaked tampon with his meat. After the incident, Claus told reporters, “I had [the used tampon] in my
mouth, chewed it, and nearly swallowed it.” Enough said.

 

 Finger food: When Clarence Stowers bought a pint of frozen custard, he didn’t expect to have someone’s finger inside one of his orifices. But as he devoured his dairy goodness, he came across what he thought was a piece of candy. You can probably guess already that it wasn’t candy, and Stowers said he spat the object out, and “I said, ‘God, this ain’t no nut!’ So I came in here to the kitchen and rinsed it off with water and realised it was a human finger and I just started screaming.”

 

 This hot dog is loaded: No one said hot dogs promote longevity, but it’s not like eating a frankfurter is as dangerous as someone sticking a gun in your face – unless your name is Olivia Chaines and you’re eating at Costco. She had swallowed a piece of a Hebrew National brand hotdog in the shopping aisle of a Costco in May 2004 before she realised that it contained a piece of metal. X-rays revealed that the hot dog had contained a live 9mm bullet, although in reality, probably safer than half the other things added to hot dog meat.

 

Listen to Dane's World every day on Live 89.5 FM radio.

 

 

comments powered by Disqus
Melbourne Cup 2018