In the last edition of ‘Holistic Happiness’ – published in the Health section of the February 19-25 issue, and online on thephuketnews.com – we talked about how refined sugar causes obesity and started to explore its link to heart disease. Here, we pick up where we left off, and will also explore the sweet truth of cancer.
Heart to heart
The mineral calcium binds with the mineral magnesium for bone strength. Without enough magnesium the calcium becomes free forming in your blood stream and collects in your arteries and veins scaring the interior walls and causing inflammation. Your immune system uses essential cholesterol for repair. But this cholesterol can, over time, form plague and blockages leading to heart attacks and strokes.
In addition to this, studies have proven that the essential fat soluble vitamins K-1 and K-2 derived from fermented foods will also help keep the mineral calcium inside of your bones where it belongs and not running free form in your blood supply. The fat soluble K group of vitamins will support the friendly flora bacterial balance of your intestinal tract that represents at least 80 per cent of your functioning immune system.
This in turn is positively or negatively affecting all parts of your body, especially your heart. Most conventional cardiologist MDs are looking in the wrong place when it comes to heart disease. The widely accepted belief that cholesterol is the cause of heart disease is only a myth; in fact, the associated problems linked to cholesterol are only an after-affect from the inflammation damage caused by calcium build up and scaring of the interior walls of the arteries and veins including lack of oxygen supply to the infected area, which are all in fact caused by excessive sugar intake.
Heart disease is essentially a nutrient deficiency and not directly tied to cholesterol, 80% of which in fact is created by our livers, the other missing 20% of which needs to come from your diet. Working closely with his team of informed doctors, former US President Bill Clinton proved this fact in his own life when he changed his diet to include more whole-food plantbased items that included vitamin K-1 and K-2 rich foods and NO refined white sugar, which effectively worked to reverse his own heart disease.
Even in my own clinical case, I experienced a reversal of my heart disease condition by embracing the right diet and lifestyle, which saw an end to my previous bouts of physical angina heart pain. My high blood pressure and high fat blood triglyceride readings plummeted down to normal readings, and along with sugar, went away my heart disease symptoms.
It is fact that white sugar feeds cancer cells, a fact which has been proven scientifically in many diagnostic PET Scans worldwide. This knowledge is hardly, if at all, shared to cancer patients by their oncologist (cancer doctor). In fact, the method in which cancer is detected relies on sugar: a radioactive drug is tagged to glucose (sugar) to make a radio tracer. The glucose goes into those parts of the body that use glucose for energy. Cancers, for example, use glucose differently from normal tissue.
Many conventional websites through their own administration state that sugar feeds healthy normal cells and cancer cells as well. But it is the type of sugar that makes or breaks a persons health. The simple packaged processed sugar that is void of minerals (we need 92 different minerals to support optimal health). Refined white sugar, which has none and has no dietary fiber to offset blood sugar spikes, feeds cancer.
However, there are other types of sugar, direct from nature, that don’t have the same, slow deadly effect on the human body, and that have the essential dietary fibres that benefit our body and cells. More on these sugars in a future article.
In the next edition, Chef Barry will expose some facts and myths about sugar and its links with diabetes and other diseases.