Phuket court told of family’s search for ‘House of Horror’ victim
PHUKET: Norwegian Stein Havard Dokset was in court again today for the second day of prosecution testimony in the “House of Horror” murder case.
Friday 22 February 2013, 06:28PM
Dokset is being tried for killing his girlfriend, Rungnapa “June” Suktong, whose body was found decomposing in a bin in Mr Dokset’s eight-bedroom Kata home almost a year ago – nearly three years after she disappeared.
After today’s hearing, one of the witnesses, June’s uncle Wanno Ratsompad, 42, told The Phuket News, “June disappeared in July 2009. Someone told me that she was in Dokset’s house. I went from Surat Thani to Phuket with her brother after we failed to contact her.
“We arrived at Dokset’s house but he did not allow us to go in.”
He added that June’s car was parked outside and that he discovered it was on the verge of being repossessed because no one had paid the installments on it.
The prosecution lawyer, who asked not to be named, said that the call to Mr Wanno had been made by Pol Capt Asawin Suktong, June’s second husband, who also gave evidence today.
The court was also told of the results of DNA tests on the decayed flesh and bone found in a garbage bin in Dokset’s house, which had confirmed the remains were those of June.
Dokset’s next court appearance is scheduled for March 8.
Read The Phuket News' earlier "House of Horror" reports here.