Accor to add 9 hotels
Accor Hotels Group has announced that it will have nine more hotels in Thailand under management by the end of this year, including a new hotel at Nai Harn Beach, being built by the owners of the Hilton Phuket Arcadia, and another in Patong.
Thursday 26 January 2012, 11:10AM
The group was responding to recent reports that it was losing properties as owners reconsidered management benefits, or branding options.
Thailand’s hotel industry has faced a downturn in business since 2008, mainly because of a glut of new rooms, global recession and political discord in the country.
In response to questions from TTR Weekly, the group said it would add 2,066 rooms to its Thailand’s inventory with nine properties due to open this year.
The new additions are:
• Ibis Hua Hin (200 rooms), soft opened last Monday;
• Novotel Phuket Vintage Park Resort (305 rooms) to open in Q1
• Sofitel So Bangkok ( 230 rooms) to open in Q1
• Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit ( 345 rooms) to open in Q2;
• Pullman Phuket Arcadia (281 rooms) to open in Q3;
• Mercure Bangkok Siam (189 rooms) to open in Q1;
• Mercure Bangkok Makkasan (174 rooms) to open in Q2;
• All Seasons Samui Chaweng Thana (153 rooms) to open in Q1;
• Ibis Bangkok Siam (189 rooms) to open in Q1.