IBAP meeting to discuss crisis management in Phuket
PHUKET: August meeting of IBAP welcomes Richard Hancock, a professional crisis management specialist based in Singapore.
Monday 6 August 2012, 03:45PM
Richard will discuss the parameters of this subject in relation to Phuket and take questions, focusing on answering the questions he is most asked:
- How do we reduce or risk exposure?
- Who is there to help us?
- Who is going to manage/oversee the Crisis Management program?
- Who is going to develop/write the plans?
- Who should be in on the Crisis Management Team?
- How do we keep people informed?
- How do we communicate our decisions in a crisis/emergency?
- How much is it going to cost to develop the appropriate crisis mitigation infrastructure?
And the questions he asks most:
- Do you understand and fully appreciate the range of threats to your organization/department?
- Have you looked at how vulnerable you are to any identified threats, specifically - what event (natural disaster), omission (lack of compliance) or act (terrorism, crime) would bring you organization/department to its knees?
- Have you identified all your critical assets – Property, People, information and Reputation?
- How do you deal with risk, do you:
- Transfer it (insurance)?
- Accept it?
- Defend against it?
- Remove it (relocate)?
- Do you have a Crisis Management Team identified?
- Do you have Emergency Response, Crisis Management and/or Business resumption Plans in place?
- Do you have a Crisis Communication Plan?
- Do you exercise and test your plans?
- Do you review and revise plans annually?
Date: Friday August 10, 2012
Where: A2 ACCESS Resort & Villas
Buy your ticket online here http://www.thephuketnews.com/ibap-program-crisis-management-31755.php
For more information on IBAP, visit: http://ibap-phuket.org/