Phuket: Hard Rock closed temporarily following fire
PHUKET: Hard Rock Cafe Phuket in Patong will stay closed for the 'next couple of days' following a fire that started at the venue around 8am this morning (October 18).
Thursday 18 October 2012, 11:53PM
Sasichol Thongnak, Hard Rock Cafe's Director of Sales & Marketing, issued a statement tonight confirming the firefighters' earlier view that the fire was started by an electrical fault.
"It started in the signage area above the entrance, and spread along the outside ceiling, and eventually to the patio/bar area," she said.
"The inside of the restaurant and kitchen area were not affected, and there was no one hurt.
"Damage has been contained to the front of the building and patio area. The main entrance is closed, but our Rock Shop (merchandise shop) is operating as normal."
An investigation will be carried out by the fire department once the clean up has finished and Hard Rock Cafe Phuket will remain closed for the next coupe of days, Ms Sasichol said in the statement.
Earlier today she said the venue had insurance and was waiting for an insurance representative to visit to evaluate the damage.