Chalong house goes up in smoke
PHUKET: It took fire crews some two hours to extinguish a blaze at a two storey home-office just off Chao Fa West Road in Chalong today.
Friday 8 July 2011, 10:07AM
The fire started at about 11 am on the second floor of the largely timber building, while three staff at a neighbouring furniture shop were downstairs.
After staff smelled smoke, they quickly escaped the building.
About 40 people tried valiantly to put out the fire, but their efforts couldn’t stop extensive damage being caused.
The owner of the house put the damage bill at between B2-3 million. It’s still not clear what triggered the blaze. No one was hurt.