Col Burin Thongpraphai, NCPO legal chief-of-staff, said the military had earlier arrested and detained 17 suspects at the 11th Military Circle in Bangkok. Two had been freed.
Arrest warrants were now being sought in the military court for all 17 suspects. The two released earlier would be hunted down, he said.
Arrest warrants would ensure they could be held for a longer period pending further investigation.
Col Burin also said he had passed more information about the bombings to the Crime Suppression Division (CSD) in Bangkok today.
The suspects would be taken to the CSD tomorrow to hear the charges against them.
Last Thursday (Aug 11) and Friday (Aug 12), bombs exploded and arsonist struck in six southern provinces – Krabi, Nakhon Si Thammarat, Phangnga, Phuket, Surat Thani and Trang – and bombs also exploded in the nearby central province of Prachuap Khiri Khan, south of Bangkok.
Read original story here.